It's official! All the papers filed for my candidacy for Howard County Council - District 5, and we have a bank account open for FRIENDS OF JOAN PONTIUS.
My campaign is being run as a public funded campaign. This means that unlike my opponent David Yungmann, I will not take donations from corporations. Donations from any one individual must not exceed $250. This new option for running a campaign in Howard County helps the county move away from "pay to play" politics.
The public funded campaign has a benefit of the county providing matching funds to campaign donations. However, to qualify for these matching funds, a candidate needs donations from 125 Howard County residents, and the total has to reach $10,000. Furthermore, the current deadline for qualification is June 4 ! Whether or not we reach this goal, I am dedicated to representing the residents of Howard County.
This is an exciting and important race and we will need to work together to make this win! Check back on joanpontius.com for updates.
For monetary donations use the DonorBox below or send a check made out to FRIENDS OF JOAN PONTIUS to: 4879 Manor Lane, Ellicott City MD 2104 2.
- If your check is from a joint account, the donation will be assigned to the signer of the check.
- The total donations from any one individual must not exceed $250.
- Anonymous donations are not allowed.
- Each donor must be a citizen of USA.
- The donation must include the donor's name and address.